Monday, May 10, 2010

Recharged




Well, I am back from an amazing week in Sayulita, Mexico with the incredible duo, Miranda and Jana Saunders, transformational coaches. And that they are. Check out their site www.discoversoulspa.com. We are going back in November.
The group must stay small so as the retreat is intimate so if you are interested I suggest you email them as soon as possible.
Now, as for me.
I have come to the conclusion that getting the heck outa Dodge is good for the soul. Before I left I felt overworked and underpaid and plain old tired. I had lead 2 retreats, had 2 huge fundraisers, one for Haiti, one for Yogabear.org, I had gotten married, I had gone to London, I had not had a day off except my wedding in months. I was working 7 days a week for as long as I could remember. Not so good for the soul. I was in survival mode. A way I had existed for a long, long time.
So I go down to Mexico. I work a little, play a lot. I read. I eat. I do yoga. I sleep. I eat more ( all really healthy, clean and fresh food made by our personal chef) I laugh. I swim. I float on a raft for hours on end. I drink a few margaritas. I do not turn on my iPhone, which, if you know me, is quite unbelievable. But it is true. And did it feel good? Yes! A resounding yes! I felt carefree. For the first time in a while.
It reminded reminded of Mark Twain's quote " Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under different conditions."
Aha!
Even though I love what I do and still cannot believe I actually get paid to do it and have pretty close to a dream life, I still felt out of balance. I was not recharging my soul, my spirit, my mind. My Body! I was going non-stop and running on fumes. It's like pausing in Tadasana to check in before you move on to the next pose.
So down in Sayulita, I was able to reconnect with myself, with the ocean, with my joy!
And yes I am filled with joy. Sometimes it just gets a little lost in the day to day. Sometimes it gets a little lost in the traffic or the sad things that sometimes happen but yes, I am indeed filled with a joy, a zest for life!
I came home on Mother's Day and taught my first class back at Yogaco feeling so inspired and rejuvenated. What if it is possible to always feel how you do just after a vacation? Or during the vacation?
I believe it is!
We simply must take care of ourselves.
Tired? Sleep. Hungry ? Eat. Overworked? Take a day off. Get out of town. Even for a couple of hours. Even a walk in the woods, down to the ocean or lake, a hike, something in nature.

How did I let so long go by?
It's easy, that's how.
With this mentality: I must keep working for there isn't enough. This is the mentality that keeps us in that survival mode.
What I got clear on in Mexico is that there is always, always enough.
I brought back a boatload of sand in all my clothes, in my suitcase, in my books, my yoga mats, and yet I can assure you, Sayulita is not lacking.
Namaste~
Jennyjenp www.jenniferpastiloff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment